Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone must have walked by my car and bumped the drivers side mirror pretty hard because it is slightly separated from the metal base inside the housing that it swivels on. There looks to be a tab on the base that rotates inside the plastic housing, but there's is not enough room to wiggle the housing to put it back in. I wanted to take apart the mirror, and am trying to figure out how without breaking everything. Does anyone know how to remove the actual mirror from the plastic housing. I think once I get that off, there are a couple of hex screws behind the mirror that might hold it together. Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
If you power the mirror up or down and look with a flashlight/torch you should see four screws (two upper/two lower) that will remove the outer plastic ring. From there you can get to the inner workings of the mirror.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I don't have anything thats skinny enough to fit between the mirror and the edge of the mirror housing even with the lens angled up or down.

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,526 Posts

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have anything thats skinny enough to fit between the mirror and the edge of the mirror housing even with the lens angled up or down.
I used a long skinny Philips head screwdriver and a telescopic magnet to catch the screws.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.