Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently come into posession of a 1999 SLK230 and I have to fix a lot of things with it.

1. Left side marker. (I have a new cover but I cant find the wiring harness for the actual light)
2. Both (driver and passenger) windows will go down but most of the time wont come back up on their own, Ill ahve to mess or mash the buttons.
3. Top will come down but wont come back up. (have no clue where to start with that)
4. There is a lot of moisture that is able to get into the vehicle and I dont know where or if I should just replace all of the seals or what
5. The inside paint or finish whatever it is has rubbed and flaked off of a lot of places and nobody seems to know where to get that redone at.
6. The paint is in some serious need of attention, its bad enough to where there are spots that are bubbling and rust is seen.
7. It drives nice but at around 65-75mph she shakes, dont now if a cylinder is misfiring or if its just been because its been so long since it was driven.

As you can see there is a lot I have to fix but I have always been a fan of this car and with my fathers passing I'm going to fix everything and drive it in his memory. I promise that I will post pictures of each step of the way.

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
3,514 Posts
Every one of the things you have described above has been addressed at one time or another by the members of this forum. You have a wealth of experience to draw on to aid and guide you on your journey to the perfect (for you) SLK!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,389 Posts
What he is saying is please use the 'search' feature, top right. Members will reply as they read your issue.

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,529 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
PLEASE look through the links in my signature for fixes to your roof & moisture problems.

P.S.
if you need to get to your window switches look at the last link in my signature.

Best of luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.