Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at lots of rims. I was wondering if the members here that have custom wheels can post pictures and talk a little about what they were going for with the look and how satisfied they are with how they perform. thanks!

·
Founding Member 2006 SLK350
4,599 Posts
My wheels are all over the forum, and I'm sure you've seen it. I originally wanted the AMG looking wheels, like this

Then I realized that a lot of people will get this style, nothing wrong with it, that's why a lot of people have it, it still looks very nice, but I wanted something different. I went with a few other styles that I like but they (the wheel companies) didn't make anything for the SLK, my choices were limited. So I decided to get what I really want with custom wheels. I knew from pass experience that cast wheels are both heavy and weak, I wanted forged wheels. And I wanted that expensive looking forged wheels, so I decided on 3-piece custom forged.

I was browsing the CLK forums on mbworld, and notice a few members with DCR's, they were a new company then. Reason for browsing the CLK forums was b/c I originally wanted a CLK cabrio, glad I got the SLK, hardtop and much more sportier looking. Anyway, decided on the hockenheims, and I'm still amazed at how nice they look. They are strong, light, and just looks beautiful. I had an older gentlemen the other day that just stared at it, didn't even blink, he finally moved after the car behind him "beep" him. No regrets.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I originally wanted and paid for Stern Beasts
- supposedly made for the Merc but the wheel shop could not get them on so I opted for my second choice

They are 18's staggered 9.5 rear 8.5 front

I just need to lower the car now

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ynot that picture of your car was my wallpaper for a good while! And h9alyman I love the deep dish on yours. I think it adds a certain level of agressiveness to the vehicle. I have a black car with chrome accents so I'm thinking black and chrome, or something wild like black with a red lip.

·
*Premium Member
2006 SLK55 AMG
3,079 Posts
I'm running 19" DPE rims.

Attachments

Reactions: Eduardo

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really like the AMG rims, those and the multispoke ones are very nice.

Cyberdrakkon you got an astounding machine all around, I bet that kit would look bad ass in black.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow those are really cool. From the name I can assume they're light. Did you experience an improvement in speed?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Them there Wheels are Beautiful!
Can we have the size and off set?

Thanks...
The fronts are 19x8, 36 mm offset with 225/35/19's
The rears are 19x9, 37 mm offset with 265/30/19's

I wish that I would have weighed them before the tires were mounted, but I did not. I did lift them and they sure seemed very light.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks...
The fronts are 19x8, 36 mm offset with 225/35/19's
The rears are 19x9, 37 mm offset with 265/30/19's

I wish that I would have weighed them before the tires were mounted, but I did not. I did lift them and they sure seemed very light.

Beautiful(read: expensive) wheels you have! Congratulations!

Your wheels should weight around 23.2 - 25 lbs / piece acc several different sources.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
2,454 Posts
I'm looking at lots of rims. I was wondering if the members here that have custom wheels can post pictures and talk a little about what they were going for with the look and how satisfied they are with how they perform. thanks!
You've seen this already but I'm just adding mine to your thread. Basically I was going for sportier (18" instead of 17") yet OEM-style look (12 spoke instead of 10). To continue my "black series" theme, I got the wheels in racing/matte/flat black. They are about 20.8lbs and seem to perform well so far.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts