Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just typed: "Show me a video of your SLK" (In search) and found zilch, so I thought wouldn't it be a good idea to start a thread with a walk round video of our SLK's. A still photo is good but wouldn't a nice video with possible narrative be even better. Most of us (I assume) have a cell/mobile phone with high quality video facilities, so it would be relatively easy to accommodate...:smile:

Apologies to moderators if there is a post under another name/heading, but I couldn't find one, so if there is: just delete this and get Jeff to put me in the Brig on half rations...:frown:

PS: I have seen a few videos of mod's to our SLK's but 'no specific walk rounds'....:nerd:

PSS: Maybe the 29,000 plus new members who haven't posted could join in....>:D

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,212 Posts
Ironically, on 'utub' there are a lot of US/Canadian car sales that sell with a walk round vid.

Not a bad thing to look at when considering buying.
@dbgrn may step in at meets.

In fact, I think that I know of a purple people eater that may look to this favour! :D

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
Not exactly a "walk round" video, but 30 seconds of this video I already have online shows mine (although in need of a thorough clean at the time - it was early January, so we'd had lots of salt on the roads):

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ironically, on 'utub' there are a lot of US/Canadian car sales that sell with a walk round vid.

Not a bad thing to look at when considering buying.

@dbgrn may step in at meets.

In fact, I think that I know of a purple people eater that may look to this favour! :D
Well Myk, it was looking at some of those US/Canadian cars sales videos that impressed me regarding how nice our cars look in videos. It's nice to see the ball rolling so quick and hopefully we can see some real beauties...:smile:

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, now we have a couple of nice videos and the thread is active, I just made this small 'Walk Round' - sorry about the mumbling - not very good at narrating, lol...:frown:

https://youtu.be/f2OJd1ybbcs

Anyway, video with a few mod's (Which I already know that some members will not like :|) Most of the mod's will just peel off anyway, so there is no damage to my baby. I believe the only Mod that isn't stuck on is the rear diffuser but the screws holes are very small and can be concealed relatively easy...

Any 'positive' questions, feel free to ask...:wink:

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some great videos with great sounds, guys. Would love to see some more of these fast becoming 'classic cars.':tu:

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
@ndh01 @dbgrn

I'm curious to know what "birds" you used for your videos. Amazingly stable.

Thanks,
Greg
Greg, I used a DJI Mavic Pro for my video above - and you're right, it is an amazingly stable "bird"! :tu:

I now also have a DJI Inspire 2 (having recently set-up an aerial photography business) - that's also remarkably stable, and even better image quality than the Mavic Pro! :D

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,064 Posts
These videos belong in the diy section

not in the slk video section

please reply to my message so we can discuss and move them

1 - 18 of 18 Posts