Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
2901 - 2917 of 2917 Posts

·
*Registered
2016 SLK55 AMG
88 Posts
A few pics of the new car. It’s a 2016 with just under 8K on the clock. Sunroof, heated seats, mirror package, IWC clock etc. no Airscarf though. Chose the car on condition and mileage. Wasn’t sure about the black but it’s growing on me. Seems to suit the car’s personality. Added the chrome bonnet fins. Make a big difference in my view. Had them on my last SLC (250d). Looked a bit odd on a diesel somehow - but on a V8!! Car feels a lot tauter but not any less comfortable. Did prefer the front end of the SLC but prefer the side view of the SLK. As for the rear - no contest! Drove a 172 55 a few years back and it made a lasting impression. Created an uncontrollable itch that never went away. My early impression of the car is every bit as impressive as I remember it being those years back. The 0-60 time really doesn’t tell the story; not least because it can’t get traction with all that power at the start. It’s the savage and exhilarating grunt the thing delivers when you give it its head at higher speeds. I’m sure if you’ve got pockets deep enough for a super car it will be nothing new, but for a car of more humble status it’s amazing. Pulled up next to a 911 at the petrol station last night. No doubt the 911 would run rings round the 55 in terms of handling and dynamics. But when he fired it up I found myself feeling so happy I was turning the key of a 55. I’m not going to take it on track days and don’t care to much about standing quarter miles. What matters to me is how it makes you feel when you look at it, turn the key and ask it to put a smile on your face - and that it does in spades. Not hard to see why you guys are all nuts about your drives. Happy new year to you all. Paul
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Grille Vehicle

·
Founding Member 2006
109,714 Posts
get a dash cam
then post conquests in
'driving stories' section

·
*Registered
2001 SLK200K
5 Posts
Just got my first SLK last summer. Had been standing for 2 years in London and I just had to fly in, replace the battery and fill up at 2am and drive back to Southern France because of the COVID travel restrictions with no issues.

Did a full service on it when I arrived back home.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Speedometer Car Odometer Gauge Vehicle

Sky Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Water

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive side marker light

Attachments

·
* Administrator (Premium Member)
38,779 Posts
Well now that I have joined, lets see if I can manage to double my number of posts and include an attachment pic of the car.....
Taken last year on its first driving holiday to the Lake District where we stayed for a couple of days in Keswick.
(Oh and the car behaved impeccably!)
Lake District is well used to SLKs.
We've hit up for a few tours in the past.

2901 - 2917 of 2917 Posts