Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
2801 - 2820 of 2882 Posts

·
Administrator (Canada)
20,055 Posts
Meet the girl
Looks like you have the 'eye-poker' antenna. Just consider replacing it with the stubby. Lots of threads here about it, just need to be aware of unsuccessful versions. Good replacements are out there (y)

·
*Registered
2001 SLK modified 5.4 M113 V8
4 Posts
Looks like you have the 'eye-poker' antenna. Just consider replacing it with the stubby. Lots of threads here about it, just need to be aware of unsuccessful versions. Good replacements are out there (y)
I realized tonight that we don't have a 'stuck' thread on pictures of user's cars. So why not post up a picture of your SLK!
Just finishing up 5.4 transplant.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
*Registered
4 Posts
You can't just make a statement like that!!!! Details? Photos? Problems? I'm interested to hear about it (y)
'03 5.4 out of s550, very low mileage, using the original SLK320 trans (overhauled with hd clutches, steels and AMG solenoids-blue top) Modified exhaust manifolds-everything else stock slk320. Lots of help from friends with ECU conversion. LOTS of fun to drive.

·
*Registered
2001 SLK320
524 Posts
'03 5.4 out of s550, very low mileage, using the original SLK320 trans (overhauled with hd clutches, steels and AMG solenoids-blue top) Modified exhaust manifolds-everything else stock slk320. Lots of help from friends with ECU conversion. LOTS of fun to drive. View attachment 601578
That looks great squeezed in there. Stock suspension and brakes? How does it handle?

·
*Registered
4 Posts
That looks great squeezed in there. Stock suspension and brakes? How does it handle?
Drilled and slotted disc rotors, ceramic brake pads, replaced sway bars with ones from SLK32 along with new struts. Handles and stops better than stock SLK320. Engine change only added less than 60lbs to car! Acceleration is really nice.

·
*Registered
2014 SLK250
20 Posts
A few pictures from my trip to the Tail Of The Dragon a couple weeks ago. Credit to Killboy and US129photos for their work.

2801 - 2820 of 2882 Posts