Mercedes SLK World banner

2541 - 2556 of 2556 Posts

·
Registered 2014 SLK250
10 Posts
I finally got around to getting out the SLR and taking proper pictures of the car. The last ones were from my phone. I purchased it a little over two weeks ago. It is a 2014 SLK250 with a manual transmission. I bought it from a Mercedes dealership they had received it as a trade. The bumper was cracked at the dealership, so I've been waiting for a few days for the bumper to be replaced. Happily I was able to tell the body shop to not drill the holes for the license plate mount. I provided a tow-hitch license plate mount, but it doesn't fit, so until I can find a front license plate mount that fits I will be without a front license plate. I'll explain this to the police and happily pay the ticket if they pull me over.

It should be an international crime for any country or principality to require a front license plate on a sports car.

Anyway hope you don't mind I'm going to hog the thread a little on this page.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
99,522 Posts
Phil....great pics! here's a thought...put your pics in your albums in your profile so all can see at their leisure! :D

·
Super Moderator 2013 SLK350
1,692 Posts
@PhilBiker you truly have a unicorn R172 on this forum, and a rarity in the entire United States. MB doesn't bring that many manual SLKs to the US bcos we are pretty lazy drivers on this side of the pond, and such cars don't sell well in the US market. Sadly. Beautiful pictures of your car (thx for sharing), and I do agree with you about front plates...

·
Registered 2014 SLK250
10 Posts
@PhilBiker you truly have a unicorn R172 on this forum, and a rarity in the entire United States. MB doesn't bring that many manual SLKs to the US bcos we are pretty lazy drivers on this side of the pond, and such cars don't sell well in the US market. Sadly. Beautiful pictures of your car (thx for sharing), and I do agree with you about front plates...
Yes I am very well aware of this car's unicorn status. A friend of mine used to sell M-B and he used the same word to describe it. It replaced a similarly rare or perhaps even rarer 2005 C Coupe 6 speed. That car sold in one day for my full asking price $2500 with 175k miles on it. Three people were on the way to buy it and the first person to drive it bought it.

Close cousin:

This car sold in two days. It was listed on a Thursday. After I made my appointment on Sat. Morning the used car sales guy assigned me asked if I may come in earlier. My appointment was 130 and they had someone coming at 200, another on Monday, and another on the phone from Arizona. Lots of people disappointed. Not me.

The cracked bumper ends up being a plus, as I have no intention of putting a front license plate on that beautiful grill, and I have a pristine freshly painted perfect front bumper with no holes.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
99,522 Posts
and also in the 'showcase' see the faq for more info

2541 - 2556 of 2556 Posts