Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the filters do what the seller's claim. Is there potential for damage to my baby? I don't mind chalking this up to a learning experience. No big deal. Should I put new OEM filters back in my car? What do the experts out there think?:confused::confused:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
I am no expert. Try to remove the Green Air Filters and clean them every 6 months. I would tap them gently on a firm surface that has been covered by old newspaper and you would be amazed by the amount of particulate matter that falls unto the newspaper. You don't have to clean and recharge them every 6 months but this depends on your mileage.

This would also be a good time to gently vacuum and clean the air box that holds the air filters and the corresponding air ducts that lead into the air box.

The BMC website has pic and tutotial on recharging the air filter, which is very similar to the Green Air Filter. (Do not use high pressure compressed air nor high water pressure when cleaning and recharging the cotton air filters).

The Green Air filters should be good almost forever -- regenerate as needed q 30 to 50K (q = every).

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Do the filters do what the seller's claim. Is there potential for damage to my baby? I don't mind chalking this up to a learning experience. No big deal. Should I put new OEM filters back in my car? What do the experts out there think?:confused::confused:
Did I miss something, are there defective Greens, or some problem?

...or is this topic relating to maintenance vs. replacement?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.