Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi i live in the uk and i own a r170 1996 slk , the photo i have attached is under the front scuttle, or cowl and shows the hole through to the interior fan, blower motor. What i would like to know, should there be some sort of grill or cover here. I have searched google and found no answers, thanks guys for any answers

Attachments

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
3,215 Posts
Hi.

Can you take another photo from a bit father back so we can orient our view with our own SLKs? also - to help us help you - do heed Jeff's advice and fill in your profile. It makes everyone's job a bit easier (including yours!!) and only takes a moment.

Welcome to the forum, by the way, from Surrey.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks surry,im slowly getting there,i think my profile is complete.i will try and put another photo on tomorrow but if not i will by the weekend,cheers,richard

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry that my pictures seem to be coming out rubbish but you might be able to see that i have proped up the front scuttle with the screw driver and underneath is the interior fan/blower ,im not sure if there should be some sort of cover or grill to stop leaves or water entering the fan,richard

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,143 Posts
There is no grill there, just the flap for fresh air. That's why water gets into the cabin so quickly when the seals leak, and why the blower motor goes bad sure to moisture - it's a bad design.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is no grill there, just the flap for fresh air. That's why water gets into the cabin so quickly when the seals leak, and why the blower motor goes bad sure to moisture - it's a bad design.
cool,thanks for your reply.you would expect better from mercedes,cheers,richard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.