Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Need some advice. -- Brought my new SLK 350 to the dealership since it had some trouble with the TPM.-- I asked them not to wash it after since I like to do it myself. Well, sure enough they did wash it and left it full of swirl marks all over.-- I was angry and they offered me a free detail in the dealership.
Should I trust them detailing my car when obviously they did not do a good job just washing it???

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Nope, I'd have them pay to have it detailed at an independent place of your specification.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm also with etyu on this. I think you would be in worse shape if they did more work on it. If you use them in the future be sure to specify not to clean your car after service.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Aranofly - I had the same exact issue. I have a black 350 and i took it to the dealer for that first free check up between 1,500 and 3,000 miles. Well i brought it in and told them "DO NOT WASH MY CAR" and they washed it anyway. Left it full of swirls. I saw how they wash the cars... they use a big broom type washer with a long wooden handle and scrub the car like you would mop a floor. It's unreal. I made them pay for my own detailer to get rid of them, and the car looked great. Now i leave a hand written note in my car and put it on the dash if i leave it for service.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Had a coupon from my dealer to wash, wax, detail for only $69.95, what a deal but I threw the coupon in the trash, just don't trust those teenagers working at the dealers.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
.... Now i leave a hand written note in my car and put it on the dash if i leave it for service.
I do the same. I have 2 pre-printed 5inx8in paper that I keep in the glove compartment. It states: DO NOT WASH CAR, NO LAVAR EL COCHE.

I put one on the dash and one on the windshield wiper.

·
Registered
840 Posts
My dealer knows darn well that I do not want them to wash my car. Once early on they did before they knew my preference. My problem was not with swirls, but this a half-done job. I don't think they touched the wheels, and there were a lot of dirty areas. Next time, I had one of those little meetings with my Service Manager where I made it very clear that I did not want my car washed by them -- ever! Since then, no problems -- but they have still offered. Once they offered a wash after service, and it was raining cats and dogs outside!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Now i leave a hand written note in my car and put it on the dash if i leave it for service.
Great advice for the future. DEALER DO NOT WASH MY CAR!
I do the same. I have 2 pre-printed 5inx8in paper that I keep in the glove compartment. It states: DO NOT WASH CAR, NO LAVAR EL COCHE.

I put one on the dash and one on the windshield wiper.
Great idea from all of you. A definate "must do" at next service.:tu:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts