Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I realise this is an old thread, but I've just joined the forum and am looking for recommendations for general service / maintenance of my 06 SLK55. I just bought it interstate. It has 74,000 km on the clock.

If there's another thread someone could please point me to, I'd appreciate it. Likewise recommendations. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't have any recommendations, I'm sorry to say, but possibly a couple of places to avoid.

I picked up an '07 SLK280 earlier this year and went through the receipts and service history. I was astounded at the rates the previous owners were charged.

I'll be doing my own maintenance for the near future, but am also on the lookout for a reliable place to get semi-regular inspections done.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Try Ammstar.
Friars rd Moorabbin, and Grange rd Fairfield.
9555 5580,,
I have used the Moorabbin team a few times for both my SLKs and they are half dealer rates or better, use genuine parts, have lots of experienced staff and are fast and efficient.
Also have loan cars bookable.
No complaints.
Easy to deal with.
No, I am not on a retainer!

Don’t know about any others.

Good parts supplier is MB Spares Fyschwick in Canberra. 1300 787 300
Very Good prices, very good service.

There you go!

·
Super Moderator
24,269 Posts
We try not to berate garages in open debate.

OP might appreciate a PM though
One problem, you need 15 posts to send PMs.
(You need to empty your in, saved and sent boxes regularly due to limits).

Here's a search on just the area 'Melbourne'
Might find something in that lot.

http://www.slkworld.com/gtsearch.php?q=melbourne

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have used Stafford St Motors ,0385550777 he ok but very busy! Are you member mercedes car club ? Ring me always interested in SLK owners Had my SLK320 10years
Harry
@Reg55 You have a PM off Avel Du with Harry's contact details.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts