Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just gave my wife an early Christmas present, a gorgeous black on black '08 SLK350. I love driving this thing too.

I'm quite sure our first mod will be to install the SmartTop. Can anybody tell me if this voids the remaining warranty? And also, does anybody know of any shops in ATL that will install this?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to chatting with you all!

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,627 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase! There are a number of SLK Owners in Atlanta and we've gotten together to do projects such as the smarttop install. I can get you a good deal through SLKStore.com and I'm in Atlanta. This is an easy DIY project. Maybe the next time we get together in Atlanta we can assist.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Hello all,

Just gave my wife an early Christmas present, a gorgeous black on black '08 SLK350. I love driving this thing too.

I'm quite sure our first mod will be to install the SmartTop. Can anybody tell me if this voids the remaining warranty? And also, does anybody know of any shops in ATL that will install this?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to chatting with you all!
Hi ucf_heffay, welcome from NE England - I'd be happy to fit your SmartTop for you - will only take about 20mins - just organise the flights & my digs, and I can be over early this week :):)

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Welcome from Atlanta and get the ST from Ken (SLK store) and your local install is DJ (dmjonez) and it's cheaper than the trip to England:) (Woolly). All the area MB dealers know we have them so no warrantee probs. And greetings to the ATL SLKs, send me a PM w/ your specifics! Welcome aboard.
DT

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like a deal I can't pass up Wooly....do you want to fly over on the Gulfstream or the Boeing Business jet?? :) ...Thanks again guys. I look forward to chatting/meeting with the ATL group

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quick question about the SmartTop....when in the car, does the roof button on the center console become one touch also or do you still have to hold it the entire time?

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Quick question about the SmartTop....when in the car, does the roof button on the center console become one touch also or do you still have to hold it the entire time?
Long answer:

One click: roof retracts, windows down.
Two clicks, one-second apart: roof retracts, main windows stay up.
Two "mouse-click-quick" clicks: main windows and rear quarter windows retract, roof stays up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts