Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this ad on Facebook today.

May come in handy for someone in the future.

Car shippers bid on carrying your car. I guess it is kinda like priceline or hotwire only for cars. LOL

http://www.cartransportcost.com/

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
I don't know...that tie has schister written all over it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had mine shipped recently from Florida...go with a reputable carrier. I used a car carrier out of Ft Lauderdale. $750 door to door (Fla to NH) in 3 days.

·
Registered 2005 SLK 350
413 Posts
Oh man, that was a nightmare trying to find a shipper from Boston to Fort Wayne that I was comfortable with!

Thanks for the info!:tu:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,560 Posts
Oh man, that was a nightmare trying to find a shipper from Boston to Fort Wayne that I was comfortable with!

Thanks for the info!:tu:
you changed your name? when did i miss that?

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
88 Posts
I had mine shipped from California to Texas, it was $550 with Dependable Auto Shippers. Went smoothly up until they told me they couldn't get a hold of the driver and didn't know where he was! He got slightly lost in Arizona, and had his radio and cell phone turned off.

I'd still recomend them though.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,560 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've totally forgotten about auto shippers. This answers the question I've had, wondering what would I do if the car I want is 1500 miles away. I just need to factor shipping costs, and scheduling.

·
Registered
274 Posts
[Un]Dependable Auto Shippers took my E350 from CA to NC once. I paid $1450 for covered transport. They showed up at my home in CA with an open carrier - and said that it would be taken to their distribution center in Carson, or someplace like that - where it SAT FOR TWO WEEKS.

Then it arrived in Charlotte, NC ONE WEEK LATER. And, they let it sit at that distribution center for ANOTHER WEEK before they brought it to my house with a flatbed.

The car was filthy. There were water spots all over that never came out. The car was leased and I didn't care for it very much after that.

My point: NEVER SHIP YOUR CAR. DRIVE IT AND ENJOY THE TRIP!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.