Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello slk owners in australia,especially Melbourne and suburbs
Shannons summer auction last Monday saw some interesting cars under the hammer A SLK 32 2001 low kms in very good condition sold for A$26000. Hopefully the new owner will front up to the Victorian Mercedes car club , we could do with more SLK owners!
Other Mercedes SL 1993 sl500, & 1986 SL560 both looked good. Is this the time to start putting these away or is already being done?
The interest at the auction was very strong with lots sold and not many passed in.
For those with odd interests the results are on line for the more mundane lots!
The next event for Victorian Mercedes owners is the annual classic concours, not quite up to Bonhams, but for the down-under brigade still an event worth a look.
The SL class is hotly contested, perhaps the slk R170 cars now in the R/C170,R129,r170 class will have a certain exclusivity! Or am I being optimistic?
Will report results
Car running smoothly
Harry M

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
@Harry M,
Since you are active with the Melbourne M-B club can you give a report about it.
Their website is pretty bare. I tooks like they have few event other than a monthly meeting and an annual concours.

I hope this is only part of the story.
Is the club sttrong? Are meetings well attended?

Regarding the SLK32 auctioned at Shannons, they sell slowly at that price on Carsales, so he did well to get a sale on the day.
Nice to hear it was a good car, it seems most of the ‘32s have here have been well cared for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts