Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even if they bought it at the free market Carlex should not support this. They also do Mercedes Interior. Just my 2 Cents.

SPECIAL PROJECTS - CARLEX DESIGN? - English

An Elephant Was Killed to Make This Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat’s Seats

Before anything, I want to tell you that animals bred by man for food, as in cattle and chicken, are not endangered. But the elephant is not bred for food. Another thing about the largest living terrestrial animal is that nearly all elephant species are threatened to a greater or lesser extent. Given the circumstances, Carlex Design thought that it would be a good idea to use elephant leather for the seats of this 707 horsepower Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat.

Read more: An Elephant Was Killed to Make This Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat?s Seats - autoevolution

Read more: An Elephant Was Killed to Make This Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat?s Seats - autoevolution

·
Registered
336 Posts
I saw a documetary about elphants a few years ago and I gained a whole new level of respect for the animal. They experience joy, sorrow and compassion. They engage in social activities as a group and need companionship to thrieve. They are highly intellegent and capable of problem solving to the level of primates like apes. I can not imagine killing this majestic creatures for its leather or ivory or anything else as surely it is not a food source for us. In nature other animals only kill for food or if they preceive a threat to themselves or their young. Why can't we do the same and leave the rest of the animal population to itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts