Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to hear some feedback from some of the local members as to setting up some meets.

Would you like to do like a third Thursday evening meet?

Would you like it to be on the weekend instead? I worry about summer schedules and weekend travels.

Would you like to just set up random events?

I plan on setting up scenic drives in the fall on Sunday mornings to view the fall colors.

Let's hear your thoughts.

Matt

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
74 Posts
Would you like to do like a third Thursday evening meet?
That sounds fun. Were you thinking of having one tomorrow? (May 20 would be the third Thursday in May)

Would you like it to be on the weekend instead? I worry about summer schedules and weekend travels. Would you like to just set up random events? I plan on setting up scenic drives in the fall on Sunday mornings to view the fall colors.
I'd like to meet up with some folks at the Cars and Coffee event that has been previously mentioned. I think that's the first Saturday of the month. If would be a good place to meet up in the morning, hang out and check out cars, then take a little drive and grab some lunch or something. Nothing too heavy.

Might be fun to head up to the track in Brainerd sometime.

Might also be fun to get a group rate on a dyno sometime.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds fun. Were you thinking of having one tomorrow? (May 20 would be the third Thursday in May)

I'd like to meet up with some folks at the Cars and Coffee event that has been previously mentioned. I think that's the first Saturday of the month. If would be a good place to meet up in the morning, hang out and check out cars, then take a little drive and grab some lunch or something. Nothing too heavy.

Might be fun to head up to the track in Brainerd sometime.

Might also be fun to get a group rate on a dyno sometime.
I was more thinking of just starting a monthly and or seasonally meeting night. In motorcycles there is "First Thursday" at Delano's on Lake street. I thought something like that would be nice for us to set up.

I am going to do my best to get to Cars and Coffee and Micheal (nmslk) usually makes it out as well. Unfortunately, if my mods show up before that I might be doing that instead so that will be a maybe for me.

I do plan on getting to BIR before the end of the year. I only have interest in doing the long course, so that limits the events a lot.

If we want to set up a dyno day I can get that done with ease. We would all need to just set a date so I can get it on the schedule.

If you would like to take the lead on some of this stuff that would be great. I would like everyone to participate in making things happen.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
User YellowSLK started the NW SLK Club from scratch. You might contact her for some tips. See SLKNW.com it's one of the most active SLK clubs around. She has great ideas.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've been too busy lately, which made me realize I may not have a lot of time for regular get togethers. I went to the last two Cars & Cafe last year, but haven't been available for the ones this year, even though I've been wanting to go.

Is anyone here going to the one tomorrow? There are at least four (yes, 4!!!) auto events tomorrow. Would be curious who's planning on going to which ones, if any.

·
74 Posts
I was planning on heading out to the Automotorplex for the cars & cafe event. I never did receive any response from local members if anyone else was planning on attending.

Doesn't sound like the weather will be the best, but I'll still head over and check it out.

I know lots of people are heading over to the Mopar event. Sounds like that's a big one.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Wait, which one is the Mopar event? :). There's the C&C, there's the ricekillers in Burnsville, Imola in Golden Valley, and one in St. Cloud. For a day with 50% chance
of rain, there's an awful lot of car events.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The third Thursday and Sundays work most of the time. I available from time to time also on Saturdays when I'm not out camping with the scouts. I'm headed to Glacier National Park next Friday on the Train. Should be a great trip. Too bad I couldn't drive my SLK instead. They tell me I handles like it's on rails, we'll see.

·
74 Posts
I'm headed to Glacier National Park next Friday on the Train. Should be a great trip. Too bad I couldn't drive my SLK instead. They tell me I handles like it's on rails, we'll see.
"on rails"....:biglaugh: Enjoy Glacier. Definitely too bad you couldn't take the SLK. That would be fun.

On topic: Yes. Still interested in meeting regularly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome. I'm glad you didn't say to get together today. This 1st snow of the year isn't much fun. I am planning 1 more week before putting the car away until spring. I'm all for a get together next summer. Any ideas?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts