Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered 2018 SLC43
I have Continental on my SLC43, can鈥檛 wait to get shot of them, backs always stepping out on hard acceleration and I just don鈥檛 trust them on hard cornering on a damp surface.
Have a colleague who has tire shop and a 550bhp M3, and he uses & recommends Landsail tires, you can get nearly 3 sets of them for the price of Pilots, I use them on my Range Rover and my sons BMW 118D, and they seem fine but not sure about them on the Merc.

Registered 2012 SLK250 CDI
If you are finding that the Contis are not to your taste in damp conditions I think that cheap Chinese tyres could be a lot worse! I picked up a new to me car from a dealer which had some new tyres at the back, they were budget Chinese and ruined how the car handled, got them changed the next day. No point in having a fab car and losing so much with cheap rubber.

Registered 2012 SLK350
New to us 2012 SLK 350 had worn tires on the front, almost new cheap Asian tires (China or Korea) on the rear Delinte. I went back and forth vs 4 new Michelins, decided on two more cheap, same manufacturer, Sentury brand. Its been a few months, rain, etc, they are working fine. If they didn't work out I figured at $55 a tire, no real pain to replace them, maybe even no net cost by waiting for a sale.

OTOH we never drive this car hard, or uncautiously.

Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
I have DWS06 on all 4 corners. I have about 7500 miles on the rear. When I first put them on the traction was fair. Now, if I apply any kind of power leaving a corner, the electronic nannies come on and the back end shimmies. And I do mean even marginal power, forget about planting my foot in it. My previous black bomb I had Hancook鈥檚 with much better response. (2009 350) FYI my rears are close to 50%.

Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
I have DWS06 on all 4 corners. I have about 7500 miles on the rear. When I first put them on the traction was fair. Now, if I apply any kind of power leaving a corner, the electronic nannies come on and the back end shimmies. And I do mean even marginal power, forget about planting my foot in it. My previous black bomb I had Hancook鈥檚 with much better response. (2009 350) FYI my rears are close to 50%.
Almost don't need ANY wear for the rears to want to go faster than the '55 馃槈 600 miles will do that (y)

Premium Member 2013 SLK350
I have DWS06 as well and on my second set of 4s... For the region I live in (North East), they are perfect as A/S tires. They ride quiet, excellent traction on all surfaces, and maybe bcos mine is a 350 (and not a 55 with 413 bhp) these tires don't squirm at hard acceleration. In fact, I love their handling and solid performance on dry and wet roads... Did I mention they last forever? Ehm, I mean they have a long thread life for a RWD car, getting you 15000-20000 miles in the rear and more than that in the fronts...

My first set was put on my car at 4000 miles and I am now over 60,000 miles and just on my second set. Prior to that I had Conti Extreme Contact Sport (same one the OP has) and it sucked big time... Never putting that tire on my car again.

At some point in my future I will try out the Michelin Pilots just to be able to have first hand comparison to the DWS06s... The Michelins will be my replacement set once the current Contis wear out...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts