Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should a warning flash on the dash when its due for a service??

Reason I ask, I had a quick service this time last year. But nothing is popping up.
I have the checked the menu and it states a ''service A in 4xxx'' miles.

Any help! :Beer:

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Hi T B

The same message will come up on start up & stay on screen for about 10secs or so + a bleep . I've just had our serviced & the message reset for the next service .

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi T B

The same message will come up on start up & stay on screen for about 10secs or so + a bleep . I've just had our serviced & the message reset for the next service .

Cheers

Andy
Went to start car, and none of alerts mentioned happened. Just confused as I thought a service message would pop up yearly or by mileage (whichever comes first) :confused:

Curious, was it service A or B you had and if you don't mind, approx how much it set you back?

Appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Hi TB
Glad you asked . I had the D service come up , so rung dealship , they told me D service = oil + oil filter , Air filters & plugs , now i had the plugs replaced 3 services ago so told them no need for plugs , So down to oil/filter + air filters & of course a wipe down with an dirty cloth cost £666.08 yes thats right £666.08 ,
So i booked the car into my local indy garage total cost £200 including the MOT . By the way i picked up the oil Mobil 1 0-40 off internet for £37 per 5 litres & air filters (paper type maker Mann) £48 & my indy garage did the oil change for £40 including filter , He also stamped my book & reset the service message .

I think the message comes up at start up about 300/200 mile before the service is due & stays until you get the messages reset :( .

Cheers

Andy

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Message comes up < 1000 miles left OR < 30 days till service due. You can always check it on the MFD and see what it thinks is left.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies.

Yet still no alert message popping up. Checked through the MFD, it still states 4XXX miles left for service A.

Still confused as to why????????

·
Registered
844 Posts
The km / miles messages are the default display.. If the KM are not reached within the designated time the message will switch to number of days. Maybe check your last service invoice and perhaps it was done in March?

G.

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Should a warning flash on the dash when its due for a service??

Reason I ask, I had a quick service this time last year. But nothing is popping up.
I have the checked the menu and it states a ''service A in 4xxx'' miles.

Any help! :Beer:
Do you remember exactly when your service was performed last year? I would just keep driving until you receive a message.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Had to revive the old thread instead of creating a new one.
My question is about the Service Indicator Interval.
When I did my own oil change I wrote down the mileage on a sticker - 121,400 miles.
Now I have 130,000 on the clock and assumed the service indicator states 10,000 miles, right?! So my next oil change is due in around 1,400 miles.
However the service indicator says I still have 2,700 miles to go...
Where is the problem? :confused::confused::confused: I'm puzzled... Any ideas, fellow members?!
F)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts