Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
I've just phoned around for similar service. Your price sounds OK to me. The cheapest I found was MB Chesterfield. Give them a call for a quote, they gave me a quote without asking my address ... or if they do, simply say you will be visiting a relative nearby (true i my case).

I suppose from your flag that you are in Northumbria?

Stratstone however, were significantly more expensive

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've just phoned around for similar service. Your price sounds OK to me. The cheapest I found was MB Chesterfield. Give them a call for a quote, they gave me a quote without asking my address ... or if they do, simply say you will be visiting a relative nearby (true i my case).

I suppose from your flag that you are in Northumbria?

Stratstone however, were significantly more expensive
I got a quote from an Indi and that was still £290 so for an extra £40 I will let MB have my car and its only 20 mile to the Dealer.

D

·
0 Posts
Just a FYI, if your car has Mobilio Life coverage (and it should) then having it serviced anywhere other than MB will void that warranty.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a FYI, if your car has Mobilio Life coverage (and it should) then having it serviced anywhere other than MB will void that warranty.
I bought my car privately when it was a week out of its 3 year warranty so dont know, I have never heard of Mobilio Life coverage!!!!!!!! and so I took out an aftermarket Warranty from warranty Direct.

I also thought that as long as they were a registered garage and they used MB parts then warranties had to be upheld?

D

·
0 Posts
The 3yr warranty is a different thing, Mobilio does lots of different things, in fact the anti-rust warranty goes out to 30yrs.

We don't get the same protection here in the UK as they do in the US, basically any work done outside of MB can void all MB warranties on the car, it's not an issue when the car is under the initial warranty since nobody takes them anywhere other than the dealer but once that expires the general rule is work done by an MB trained tech to MB standards is cool with MBUK but servicing has to be done at the dealer to maintain Mobilio coverage, plus you can keep FMBSH that way for the resale £££.

You can't just take it anywhere for a service, MB rightly will have nothing to do with the car unless you break out the wallet and taking it to un-trained folks is asking for trouble.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.