·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had service B done at an independent outside
of Chicago: True Imports in Westmont, IL

26,000 miles on my '05

Total cost: $288.02

Took my car in at 9 am; was ready for pickup by 11 am (on a Sat).
Was told that I'll need a new battery in the Spring and front
break pads around the same time. Was also told service B
would have cost $500 at dealer.

Anyone have cost comparisons?

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:Great price. I paid over $600 (local dealer) for Service B on my wife's SLK 350 over a year ago. My SLK 55 is due Service B now. Double ouch!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Dumb question here but how do services work in the US. I know if you have the mobilo drive 120+ (which is the motor plan that covers you from 0 - 120000km) all services / parts are free excluding petrol, oil and tyres.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had my '06 SLK 280 serviced at my local dealership last month, in total a B Service carried out after 34,000 miles cost £640(approximately US$980); this included the replacement of the combination filter and the servicing of the air-conditioning system but, other than mandatory parts and fluids, no other replacements. Is this standard in the UK? Clearly prices in the US are very cheap!

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
I had my '06 SLK 280 serviced at my local dealership last month, in total a B Service carried out after 34,000 miles cost £640(approximately US$980); this included the replacement of the combination filter and the servicing of the air-conditioning system but, other than mandatory parts and fluids, no other replacements. Is this standard in the UK? Clearly prices in the US are very cheap!

Hey Barne - that's what I've found - about twice the price for service for the C than for the SLK :(

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dumb question here but how do services work in the US. I know if you have the mobilo drive 120+ (which is the motor plan that covers you from 0 - 120000km) all services / parts are free excluding petrol, oil and tyres.
Not a dumb question. Several years back (maybe 4 or so), MB USA stopped
covering scheduled maintenance (necessary to maintain factory warranty) and pushed the cost onto the customer. Kills me whenever my wife takes her BMW in for free service, although I assume she paid for it through her invoice price at purchase. There are no free lunches.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Barne - that's what I've found - about twice the price for service for the C than for the SLK :(
Thank you for the confirmation, I don't begrudge the cost as my local dealership, Mercedes of Ipswich, give an excellent service and I used to pay around £550 for my MG TF. Incidentally, my Mother-in-Law paid £500+ for a B Service on her '07 S500!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Sorry for steering off topic but...

Not a dumb question. Several years back (maybe 4 or so), MB USA stopped
covering scheduled maintenance (necessary to maintain factory warranty) and pushed the cost onto the customer. Kills me whenever my wife takes her BMW in for free service, although I assume she paid for it through her invoice price at purchase. There are no free lunches.
Thanks for the response. Yea, i currently own a BMW and anything goes wrong they'll sort it out with a smile. While i'm searching for the right 55 AMG, i had to bring that up as i thought the mobilodrive+ (motorplan) was worldwide and when i heard of those talking about paying for service costs i was a bit shocked.

Here though you're fully covered up to 60000km Thereafter, every 20000km extra up until 120000km you pay a percentage of the costs. You can however just pay a small fee upfront before you reach 60000km (assuming you'd be keeping your car for a while or if you want piece of mind) and be taken care of for the full 6 years 120000km

I would have thought a brand like Mercedes wouldn't do that, especially in the US...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.