Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
All the SLK
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the September Ride of the Month Competition!

Congrats to our August Winner, @Joro

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. All entries must be a SLK or SLC model.
  3. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  4. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  5. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  6. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  7. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  8. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
*Registered
2013 SLK55 AMG
476 Posts

I simply adore this car, it surpasses everything I want from a 2 seater convertible. The exhaust note singing to me on each occasion fixes a smile on my face each time I drive it. I have tried to keep her as stock as possible. Looking forward to the next drive out, grabbing my keys and heading to the garage now........

·
*Registered
2006 SLK55 AMG
6 Posts

I bought this last year sight unseen. I do not regret it one bit. One always finds little things to work on, but there are not many on this one. 2006, 23700 miles. It has been a dream to drive. I had an unusual incident this weekend. I went to a local weekend car show to walk around and enjoy.. Usually 1K plus cars on display. As I pulled into find parking, the show attendant just waved me forward into the show area and told me to park in any open spot. Fortunatly the car was in top shape and clean. Had a great time!

·
*Registered
2008 SLK350
31 Posts

on Grassy Hill/Cooktown

near wharf in Cooktown

near Winton

Hi all,
those are my contribution.
There are no Modifications on her except an after market radio and soon I will install better speakers. Most I love the roof, the leather seats, the speed.... well just everything.
Not too long ago we went on a road trip through the heart of Queensland with her, that was beautiful.

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK350
1,625 Posts
Hey Folks,
No real mods to my 2012 SLK 350. Changed out the solid vario roof due to the dreaded desalination, but MB paid for that...it was stillvunder CPO warranty...it's September and that means more comfortable top down cruising days...1st pic is from the sun and fun fly in and car show...

·
*Registered
2006 SLK350
3 Posts
Hi, I am glad to present you my toy which is giving me lots of feeling. This 2006 SLK350 model with 123,000 Km is still running smooth and very powerfull even if the balance shaft issue has been identified. I've made some cosmetic changes and did an upgrade of the radio but overall this baby is original including OEM replacement parts.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Hood Automotive lighting

·
*Registered
2006 SLK350
46 Posts
Vehicle Car Speedometer Motor vehicle Automotive mirror
Wheel Vehicle Sky Cloud Tire

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood

The Car SLK 350 and is original Anderlite Green which morphs from Grass green to Stormy green depending on her mood We have an opened ECU and the stereo head unit is a Kenwood Excelon 9980HD. The seats although stock have been refinished in dark gray and midnight black. The still "to do" list is endless. Some idiot at the Supermart called saying he liked my G37.. Ja no well fine!

·
*Registered
2003 SLK32 AMG
64 Posts

I purchased this SLK32 in May 2021, having spent the previous six months trying to find a great example that could be taken up to show standard.

Registered in March 2003, it has a documented 68,500 miles with full MB service history and two previous owners - the first owner for 14 years.
I bought it from a collector, who had done < 2,000 miles in four years.

The old girl is absolutely stock, and the chassis/wings are completely rust free.
There is some surface corrosion on the bonnet slam-panel, which will be the subject of a winter detailing project to bring it up to show condition..

Show judges do not approve of modified vehicles, so I will limit my mods to a smaller blower pulley, ecu tune and uprated inter-cooler pump.

The first picture was taken during the 240 mile journey from Norwich to Standish after collecting the vehicle.
It was a beautiful evening, so we were top down for the entire run !

I love the purity and focus of the SLK32, and as one of only 243 imported to the UK, it's always a great conversation starter !

If you could take a moment to hit 'Like' , the old girl and I would be very grateful 😁

·
*Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
4 Posts
Got my slk 55 amg at the end of may 2021, I've since raced it several times, got it to 180+ mph(gps showed 188mph), lowered it, tuned it(eurocharged stg2), "smart toped" it, made it noisier(LTH, x-pipe, res delete), gave it better grip, put it in a couple car shows, detailed it constantly, ruff polished valve covers/intake manifold, black series'ed the motor/trans mounts, changed plugs/wires, oil (motor & trans), intake filters "greened", front brakes(rotors pads), smoked side markers, led'ed the fog lights, carbon fibered the interior, and put 1000s of miles on her.... And she's still under 80k miles...😏
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive air manifold Automotive exterior
Vehicle Car Automotive parking light Grille Automotive tire
Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
View attachment 604378 Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
*Premium Member
2012 SLK350
537 Posts
There are many beautiful cars in this month's challenge. I am impressed!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts