Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I traded in my 2005 R171 SLK350, and I'm now selling off the extra parts I bought over the years:

Smarttop $220 : Bought in 2008. Includes an "add a circuit" and fuse, so you can just plug into the fuse box. This is an older unit that does not have the USB update port.

Sprintbooster $260-- Almost new, bought five months ago, barely used. Next to the Smarttop, this is the best upgrade you can do for the SLK. I wish I knew about this in 2008 when I bought this car.

MB First Aid Kit $20 -- new, never used. Fits behind the driver's seat.

All prices include USPS Priority mail shipping. Paypal preferred. Checks are also OK, but I would not ship until the checks cleared.

I also have an OEM Plexiglas windscreen in excellent condition, including the carry bag and instructions. I'll post it up tomorrow when there's more daylight to get a good photo.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,389 Posts
i have the pre usb smarttop and it is just as good as the newer models.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also for sale:

Software Service Update USA: $40 (incl. shipping)
Disk 171 589 04 22 00
SW 46/06
SW-Rel. 22.100

Originally purchased from comandonline.co.uk

I used this disk to update the COMMAND unit after using the DVD/Nav update disk (The SLKWorld mods were sending it around) in order to get the ETA and other minor upgrades to the head unit software.

The photos below were taken BEFORE I upgraded my head unit. BUY AND USE THIS DISK AT YOUR OWN RISK. This disk worked perfectly for me to update the software, but I don't know if it will work for you, so you need to confirm yourself. I also no longer have the instructions, so you'll need to track those down yourself (It's all here on SLKWorld somewhere).

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've received several messages informing me that the new smarttop is only $284 in the SLKStore. Yes, it is $284, but once you add in the add-a-circuit and ground shipping, the total cost in the SLKStore is $315, so I think $220 shipped is a good discount from "new."

In fact, I'll lower my price to $215 (shipped) so it is exactly $100 less than the "new" price, shipped.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
I have a SmartTop module & the OEM Windscreen and would rate them as the best two things I have done to add enjoyment to my SLK.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SmartTop and Sprintbooster have been sold.

The first-aid kit and software update disk are both still available.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
1,480 Posts
SmartTop and Sprintbooster have been sold.

The first-aid kit and software update disk are both still available.
Can't PM cos your inbox is full. I am interested in the software update disk. Please PM me the price and availability... or just send an email to [email protected]

Thanks

ps: I am assuming the disk will work to upgrade my '05 SLK55 HU.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can't PM cos your inbox is full. I am interested in the software update disk. Please PM me the price and availability... or just send an email to [email protected]

Thanks

ps: I am assuming the disk will work to upgrade my '05 SLK55 HU.
It's $40 including shipping. I can't speak for what cars the disk will or will not work for. All I can say is that it worked great for me (see my previous post above).

My PM box is fixed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.