Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered 2002 SLK32 AMG
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a 2002 SLK32AMG, I've been having problems with the HID headlamps. When you first switch them on they do a kind of "nod" before settling in place. Recently they've stopped doing that, so I had my mechanic take a look. Turns out that the sensor which attaches to the suspension has rotted away and needs replacing, problem is according to MB UK the sensor is no longer available. Do any of you know if a sensor from another Mercedes model might be adapted to fit?
Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
15 Posts
or Febi Bilstein part No. 34586
Or OE No. A0105427717

Important thing - after replace sender, you must use Star Diagnosis system, enter to HRA module and set zero position of range adjustment. After that, you should check and correct lights range.

Without that, HRA system can incorrectly adjusting headlamps range depending of ride heigh.

·
Registered 2000 SLK200K
358 Posts
Or OE No. A0105427717

Important thing - after replace sender, you must use Star Diagnosis system, enter to HRA module and set zero position of range adjustment. After that, you should check and correct lights range.

Without that, HRA system can incorrectly adjusting headlamps range depending of ride heigh.
rossiniere.vaud, any idea about the need for Star Diagnosis adjustment if new headlight units (oem with xenon) are fitted?

After switching to a new set of oem headlight units, bulb out warning comes on a few seconds after low beams (xenons) are turned on. (up-down movement is okay at start-up and both level sensors read some voltage on my obd scanner, but I do not have the Star for further diagnosis.)

·
Registered 2002 SLK32 AMG
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your replies. I didn't realise that the part was available on the bay of plenty. I I'll look into getting one asap. My mechanic does have star so he can setup the headlight range correctly.
Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
15 Posts
rossiniere.vaud, any idea about the need for Star Diagnosis adjustment if new headlight units (oem with xenon) are fitted?

After switching to a new set of oem headlight units, bulb out warning comes on a few seconds after low beams (xenons) are turned on. (up-down movement is okay at start-up and both level sensors read some voltage on my obd scanner, but I do not have the Star for further diagnosis.)
Hm, that's strange. You don't need SD after retrofitting, because there is no coding options for xenon headlamps in any module. I also have retrofitted OE Bosch headlights with self-leveling and cleaning system and don't have bulb out warning. Can you check OE number on headlamp switch? We can compare it with what I have.

There was no problem with it with normal headlamps (before retrofitting)?

(and sorry for my languages and grammar mistakes).

·
Registered 2000 SLK200K
358 Posts
Hm, that's strange. You don't need SD after retrofitting, because there is no coding options for xenon headlamps in any module. I also have retrofitted OE Bosch headlights with self-leveling and cleaning system and don't have bulb out warning. Can you check OE number on headlamp switch? We can compare it with what I have.

There was no problem with it with normal headlamps (before retrofitting)?

(and sorry for my languages and grammar mistakes).
No problems before. Actually, I did not retrofit. Just bought new units as both reflectors and all cable insulations inside were gone. The car has oem xenons from the factory with washers and leveling sensors. But after installing the new units I cannot get rid of the warning light just after xenons are fired. Some times takes upto 15-20 seconds to error. (But lights and leveling works perfect, and no errors on until xenons are on, including pos 1 for parking lights. Turn the switch from II to I and the warning is off) I use standard Osram D2R for winter and CBI for summer but no changei in situation.

Can I pull codes or see any details for bulb warning light, on Star?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.