Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite the economy, London is full of great metal. 911s are run of the mill, as are Astins... up here in St Johns Wood there are more than a few Ferraris and even an NSX is a local resident.

There are also some resident SLKs - mostly 171s, a 170 usually parked by the Francis Holland School on Park Rd at the southwest corner of Regents Park. Today, a new find - a 172 opposite the White Castle pub on Park Rd. Chap works nearby, I "carded" him via a work mate as he was on the phone.

Hoping he'll check in as his mate said he was a "total Benz nut".

Also hope he had a safe drive home - in the freaking snow storm at tea time!!

Attachments

·
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...and it appears to have been SLK day on the way to Heathrow...

A 172 and a base model silver 171 (frequently in the area where it was spotted) in Harewood Ave adjoining the Marleybone train station and BNP Parisbas. Two more on the M4, both 171s.

·
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I won't bother to start another thread, and this will evoke a yawn from most of our members, but:

I JUST SAW THE FIRST SLK OF SPRING!!!

(-8C here this morning, still have two feet of snow on the lawn...) silver 171 on Jeanne d'Arc heading south...top up..sigh.

Btw, for the London crowd, in town tomorrow if anyone fancies a brief get together, lunch or later - PM me

·
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JohnB, you could park in the hotel forecourt or I imagine Clive Sutton would be glad to host it, to draw in customers with good taste!

Hasontour... I shall return! ...next Saturday as a matter of fact. Could you pleeeeasse do something about the weather?!

btw, blue 170 in need of a good home, on Lisson Grove this morning.

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Cant you divert to EMA ? Make up some excuse like Ryanair do You know Short of fuel emergency. Saves them from stacking :)

·
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'll keep that in mind John.

St Johns Wood tonight circa 6pm, three 171s all parked in the High Street, virtually together (and me with no camera). Two matching 171s, post facelift, iridium silver and one pre facelift 171, diamond silver (this same one found around the corner by the estate agents).

The prefacelift car appears to be resident; left an invitation.

·
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From my last visit, last weekend, in the midst of the snow and sleet. Tried to find the auction house in New Bond Street with Fangio's MB without success.

The 170 is resident in Rossmore Rd (very near Baker Street tube); the 172 was seen exiting the tube at London Bridge/Borough exit. (see the foody thread). There is a nice blue 171/200 in the "mansions" on the east side of Park Road near Alpha Close.

Attachments

·
Registered--In between SLK's
14,985 Posts
Hasontour... I shall return! ...next Saturday as a matter of fact. Could you pleeeeasse do something about the weather?!

btw, blue 170 in need of a good home, on Lisson Grove this morning.

Wish i could mate, sorry not gonna be able to catch you again, but i will at some point im sure!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.