Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AND MABEL
14,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about refurbishing Mabel's rims, so was thinking about changing to ceramic brake pads all round, at the same time, to cut down on the brake dust.
No one local seems to stock them, and Europarts in Inverness even told me I'd have to fit new ceramic discs as well!

Looks like I'll have to buy on line. My local indie says if I get them, they'll fit them. Anyone with a 55 able to recommend what I should go for?

·
AND MABEL
14,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hope to get some time to do this in the next couple of weeks but still looking for advice on suppliers etc. as I've not had time to ckeck on line.

·
AND MABEL
14,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Davie

AFAIK, all ceramic pads, being a harder compound, are much more aggressive on the discs. Although I don't think you have the fully-floating (hugely expensive) discs on your 08, I doubt you want to be replacing them quicker than absolutely necessary.
Thanks mate. Hadn't thought about that! Mabel's rims are starting to show spots of corrosion, and I had planned to go to dark rims when getting them reburbished. I then changed my mind again, as I really like the original silver look, and was trying to cut back on the brake dust cleaning program by fitting ceramic pads!!

Think I may well go with the dark rims after all, leave the original OEM pads in, and spend the money saved on some other wee treats for her instead. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts