Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plenty of top-down driving over the weekend - but not many spots. Saw a blue R170 being washed in the carwash at the end of our road (roof up, I might add... :surprise: ) but that was it on Saturday. Today I got waved by a silver R171 near Edenbridge.

I live in hope that I cannot be the ONLY SLKWorld member out and about in these parts..... :frown:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,078 Posts

·
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heh heh I dish 'em out where I can Jeff, I dish 'em out where I can. Usually when I walk past a parked SLK.

But I defy even you to exchange cards passing each other at 80mph+ down England's windy country lanes.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,078 Posts
I've done it! You just have to account for windage.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,629 Posts
heh heh I dish 'em out where I can Jeff, I dish 'em out where I can. Usually when I walk past a parked SLK.

But I defy even you to exchange cards passing each other at 80mph+ down England's windy country lanes.
You know the kit used to fire T-Shirts into the audience at gigs?

Jeff has one to litter bomb passing SLKs:surprise:

I know how you feel Martin.

I saw lots of folk join from my area last year. Organised two meets and got low turn out.

We have to persist.

The more we spread the word (and cards) the better.

Leaving a card in the documents when we sell/part ex cars is one method folk forget.

·
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know the kit used to fire T-Shirts into the audience at gigs?

Jeff has one to litter bomb passing SLKs
Hmmm.... He must've started young... I think I found one of his early prototypes....
G069-01-6.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.