Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200 ; DAS/STAR Reg'd Owner
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I have a SLK 200 Kompressor with K2 Kleemann kit (Pulley, Remap, Headers and Sports Cat).

I was wondering if anyone have any experience removing the secondary cat? I don't want it too loud just the flow...

Tks!!!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,213 Posts

·
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not much on the 200 Kompressor...

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
4,955 Posts
Hi!

I have a SLK 200 Kompressor with K2 Kleemann kit (Pulley, Remap, Headers and Sports Cat).

I was wondering if anyone have any experience removing the secondary cat? I don't want it too loud just the flow...

Tks!!!
If you want it slightly louder you thought of removing the rear wadding ?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,213 Posts
Members will respond if they can
procedure should be the same for most all r171s :D

·
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't really want it any louder... I'm just after more flow.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,284 Posts
I can't speak from experience on the 200K, but I can comment on the sound difference when removing just the secondary cats from a 55... and it makes it noticeably louder!

So, if you don't want it louder, but want improved flow, how about replacing the standard secondary cats with some high flow sports cats?... probably much more expensive an option though, and no idea whether anyone on here has experience to share with you before spending the cash. :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
We have done a full twin system replacement on a 200 kompressor. Removing the first cat and the resonator does not make much difference to the noise of the car. The back muffler does all the sound deadening. The problem we have experienced is the increase on the noise in the car, at idle and under acceleration. Also was a rattle as the genuine gearbox exhaust mount has been replaced with a non genuine arrangement

·
Registered
19 Posts
we have done a full twin system replacement on a 200 kompressor. Removing the first cat and the resonator does not make much difference to the noise of the car. The back muffler does all the sound deadening. The problem we have experienced is the increase on the noise in the car, at idle and under acceleration. Also was a rattle as the genuine gearbox exhaust mount has been replaced with a non genuine arrangement

View attachment 341658 IMG_0146.jpg IMG_0140.jpg IMG_0141.jpg IMG_0142.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts