Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Don't know if this is the right place to post a question or if that goes in one of the other threads. They seemed to be mostly answers, not questions so I'll post here and if it needs to move we can see if the mods will do that for me.

I'm getting the secondary air pump fault and have searched the forums and internet in general to try to find the best instructions on how to repair this problem and what parts are needed.

I'm having a hard time finding info on replacement of the relay. Do any of you know a link to that info?

Also the parts

Relay - A1705450305 and
Pump - A0001404285

Don't seem to be readily available from places like RockAuto. Any suggestions on where to get Mercedes parts without paying through the nose?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's P0410. I read the code a while ago and started researching, finding a couple threads that scratched the surface, but none that went in depth into replacing the relay.

Parts availability is what's really driving me crazy here. I don't do a lot of work on cars, but on my motorcycles most suppliers have full online microfiche's and I can order based on those. Even knowing the part numbers, most car supply sites don't seem to carry much more than items that commonly wear out.

·
Registered
83 Posts
check this out. go down to the 3rd post and watch the vid. I had the p0410 code myself and this fixed it. seems to be the thing when this code comes up. others may chime in also on this.

http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r170-general-discussion/125673-p0410-error-2001-slk200-r170.html

also on the relay, if its the K40 relay your talking about go up to the stickies at the top of the page. theres a whole section on the K40 and how to fix it and or replace it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, thanks!

Any suggestions on good places to order genuine Mercedes parts online?

Most parts sites only seem to have wear out items, not the full line of parts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just this weekend fixed my P0410 error after touching up 3 bad looking solder joints on the K40 relay board. The CEL light when out immediately after staring the car. The secondary air is blowing air like crazy. The supercharger is running and all other symptoms are gone.
Big thanks to everyone on this great forum!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.