Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the wifes wish list is getting shorter , with the wing mirror upgrade now complete, wasn't too sure about the "blingy" chrome finish but i think the overall effect with the grill and lights looks good , opinions ?

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi, I think it looks good. Does go well with the other chrome you have. Bottom line - if your wife likes it.....

Not sure I would have gone chrome myself, but that's just me. I also like your headlights. I think that might be next on my list.....

Cheers,
Jay

·
Registered
15 Posts
i'm 50/50 on the mirrors but the grill and lights are good and like jay says its personal preference and if you like it thats all that matters.
must get me some of those lights, were they just a straightforward swap ?
regards
tony

·
Premium Member
3,506 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank's Tony,

The lights are supposed to be a direct replacment but the plugs did not match so i had to butcher the new light plugs to fit the existing plug.
Also the instructions where pretty crap so got most info from web.

These where from ebay £245 pair seller 2xite search for angel eyes slk.

Do like em though !

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
i found those lights on ebay yesterday after i saw yours and its interesting that the seller says they are a direct replacement, at no time does he mention that the plugs are differrent, did you ask him about it? . I'm pretty compatant with electrics etc but i would not fancy butchering a new set of lights like that. At that price i would expect them to fit. I am going to email him and see what he says.
regards
tony

·
Registered
27 Posts
If the wife likes it...

So the wifes wish list is getting shorter , with the wing mirror upgrade now complete, wasn't too sure about the "blingy" chrome finish but i think the overall effect with the grill and lights looks good , opinions ?
If she likes it, it's good.

-aaaaaal:laugh:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i found those lights on ebay yesterday after i saw yours and its interesting that the seller says they are a direct replacement, at no time does he mention that the plugs are differrent, did you ask him about it? . I'm pretty compatant with electrics etc but i would not fancy butchering a new set of lights like that. At that price i would expect them to fit. I am going to email him and see what he says.
regards
tony
Hi Tony,
I bought the lights a couple of months ago but only just found time to do them!
So didn't notice the difference till i was all geared up and ready to go,
so couldn't be bothered to make a fuss (should have i know) but don't have alot of spare time so just got on with it.
Let me know their respnonse.
Regards Geoff

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Tony,
I bought the lights a couple of months ago but only just found time to do them!
So didn't notice the difference till i was all geared up and ready to go,
so couldn't be bothered to make a fuss (should have i know) but don't have alot of spare time so just got on with it.
Let me know their respnonse.
Regards Geoff
Hi Geoff
They said they should fit but that some cars may require an additional wiring loom which they sell and that there may be a difference in the plugs, they obviously know but dont mention it in the listing as it would put people off because why would you sell something and not know exactly what it will fit.
regards
tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.