Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,918 Posts
Impressive work!

The video kind of skips over a few important details though. Like how were the body panels made? Where did he get the tail lights? Engine cover?

The video shows mostly the fairly mundane stuff like sanding and painting. Was some other SLR (wreck?) taken apart to make this?

·
Registered
439 Posts
I still it still looks fake cause a lot of parts look different from a real SLR lol. Too short, fender, front bumper, etc.. So I think he crafted the parts himself

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
This car is more impressive than it looks! it was made before SLR's were 'commonly' available. Parts were not for sale at the time, so nothing on it comes from an SLR. You'll notice it's a replica of an 'SLR vision' which is the concept car, not the actual production car. I believe he got the measurements of off viewing the concept car from a distance, then from toy cars and pictures only.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,853 Posts
SpecialFx,

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information if you haven’t already.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

1 - 9 of 9 Posts