Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gals and guys!

I'm coming to the end of my great driving adventure and wondering if anyone in the seattle area would like to meet somewhere? I think I may be near the city tomorrow after circling the olympics today. Bainbridge island maybe. be awesome to get pics of slk's on te ferry back. ;)

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
SLKbabe is from Seattle I think, if you get the chance you should go up to Vancouver, it's a beautiful city, 2.5 hours drive, make sure you have your passport. Wallace is from there. Head to Richmond, BC, if you want to see a lot of modded SLK's.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:td: Ah shucks, summer vacation is over. I must say Easty, you know how to have a GREAT time. I think I'm going to quit work, tell my wife I'll see her and the five cats in a couple of months. She's real understanding :)mad:).

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i did see a lot of the coast of oregon and then drove inland. it did go by quickly. But the weather was great for me. been a little rainy today. dont want to get ahead of my picture posting thread.. ;)

·
Founding member #7
2,156 Posts
I second the recommendation to go to Vancouver, and if you can, head up to Whistler. (which I may have already suggested before :) ) The drive along the cost is spectacular. IMHO, it is more impressive than the California coast. Just watch for falling rocks on those cliff-side roads. Also interesting is to go East, Easty, from the west coast of Washington. The scenery changes a lot is you go from the wet coastal areas into the volcano dust dry areas of the east.

Dad grew up in Spokane and as I was growing up we made trips cross country from Ohio every couple of years to visit the grandparents and relatives. Those trips were what made me love to drive and visit places for adventures such as you are doing on your West Coast trip. Those trips were probably a big contributor as to why I went to Africa for a few years and traveled around Europe (and all the US States :) and other places ).

Great fun to see your adventure particularly so because you aren't from the States. I suspect it is even more fun when you aren't as familiar with the sights as we are here in the States.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts