Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,745 Posts
By brackets do you mean the sliding machanism for the bottom ?
Could you re-use the ones on your actual seats somehow ??

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These can't be right at all.. if you look at the picture of the sliding rails, it looks like a manual seat movement but my seats are power.

It says:

* Pair of JDM style racing seats (left & right)
* Perforated black leather trim pieces and mostly yellow/black cloth
* Reclinable feature which fits your comfort
* Sliding rails ARE included
* Same as shown in pictures

·
Registered
351 Posts
By Seat Brackets - they mean you have to build an adaptor, that mates their seat sliders - with the mounting points in your car. OR You have to build an adaptor to mate your seat sliders to their seats.

Years ago, I installed Acura Integra Seats - in my 72 240Z. I had to build a bracket that mounted to the Integra Seats - then to which I bolted the stock seat sliders from my 240Z. So the seat could be bolted down to the same points as the original seat - bolted into the car floor.

See this: http://www.zhome.com/ZCMnL/AcuraSeats/AcuraBeck.htm Adjust the Browser Window to about the width of the pictures.

That is a very good price for a PAIR of seats - if indeed that is the PAIR price. The words say per pair, but the order form says Qty 1 - - where it should say Qty 1pr. or something. So you would have to check to assure they actually sell a Pair for $246.99...

Second thing is - while these say "reclining seat back" - - there is no lumbar adjustment, and the "RACING" seats have very high side bolsters - which make it harder to get in/out of the car. Where Grand Touring type seats would have much lower side bolsters.

The Acura Seats pictured in the above article - are WONDERFUL. Adjustable lumbar supports, reclining seat backs - that also flip forward for access to the rear of the seat. They have great leg support and are very comfortable on long trips. Plus the side bolsters are high enough to give good support - with out being so high they are hard to get over.

If I could find another pair of the Acura Seats - in like new condition - I'd buy them in a heart beat. They are very well made - high quality all around. {of course they were new when I installed them - so the foam and fabric were new etc.}. They are actually out of a 96-99 Acura Integra..

FWIW,
Carl B.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Here is another picture...This is a way to use your original seat sliders. But you don't have to - if you don't want to destroy the original seats. You can make a "bracket" that matches up with the original mounting point in the car - to which you then mount the new seat & new sliders..

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
3,425 Posts
It appears that your ordinary seatbelt would not fit either. It seems to be configured for racing harness.

·
Registered
287 Posts
You did say why you wanted new seats. But, how good could $246 seats be? You can buy replacement seat covers in leather from Germany (even in colors) for about $650 on Ebay.

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do believe the only way I'm going to get what I want, is to paint my own seats. They are not in bad condition at all. I have always wanted to give her a creamy yellow butter color instead of the siam beige that's inside now. Which is easy enough to do, all I have to do is take my own seats out which require tools. I'll figure it out ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts