Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having two problems, possibly (or not) related. Occasionally our seats will not adjust. This may go on for an hour, or clear up in minutes.
Also (thankfully less often) the transmission will be stuck in park. It seems to be unrelated to parking conditions (hills etc.), or key position (on but not started, started, accessory).
Any ideas (or proven facts) out there?

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Not sure about the seats (both? both at the same time? random sides?) - possibly a ground issue.

Stuck in park. I believe the car should be "locked" in park unless running and the brake pedal is depressed. So it may be the brake switch.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seats-both, always (I'll check the ground)
Park-I should have mentioned foot on brake, thanks (I will check the switch, however the cruise never fails to disengage when the brake is touched)
Thanks again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Seats problem sounds like the same as what I have - there is a relay which controls power to the seats which is prone to dry joints leaving an intermittent connection, removing the relay and resoldering the joints is the fix. Unfortunately I've not found the relay in mine yet - its supposed to be to the left of the steering column behind the light switch on a left hand model.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
seat repairs

I will check the relay, sounds like a good bet. Side Note: So far we are really enjoying our SLK, but I miss my Saabs. "74" Sonnet III (was about 5 years old & a bit rough but a lot of fun); "73" model 99 that I found while getting parts for the Sonnet. 9 ys. old & 90k miles when I bought it. 14 ys. old & 256K miles when I got tired of repairing it (it was as tough as a tank though); "84" 900 bought in "83", never should have sold it (...snif....).

·
Registered
40 Posts
I will check the relay, sounds like a good bet. Side Note: So far we are really enjoying our SLK, but I miss my Saabs. "74" Sonnet III (was about 5 years old & a bit rough but a lot of fun); "73" model 99 that I found while getting parts for the Sonnet. 9 ys. old & 90k miles when I bought it. 14 ys. old & 256K miles when I got tired of repairing it (it was as tough as a tank though); "84" 900 bought in "83", never should have sold it (...snif....).
Please feel free to come by and work on my 73 Sonett III. :biglaugh:
Finding parts is certainly a challenge. I went from an '87 Porsche 944 Turbo to the Sonett and now have added the SLK. Working on the Sonett seems like a breeze compared to these other two "engineering masterpieces".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.