Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The work done by JasonM regarding the solution to the electric seat problem was exceptional and very helpful, even a complete novice like me can understand it, but for obvious reasons its based on lefthand drive models. Doe's anyone know if the seat relay is in the same position for righthand drive cars or is it moved along with steering assembly?
Would appreciate any help as I would like to keep the amount of dashboard I remove to the minimum. Thanks Dave :Beer:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Glad it helps you! Just make sure you inspect all of the solder joints and apply new solder to them. I'd assume yours also would be located under the dash too. Hopefully someone with right-hand R170 will jump in and share his experience. For now all I can do is if you post your VIN, I can look up info in the EPC and see how pictures look like. :)

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Default Seat Relay Position On Righthand drive cars

Hi Jason,
Good to hear from you and thanks for offer of help, vin number is below
WDB1704492F205753
Regards
Dave:Beer:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,439 Posts
Until Jayson shows up, here is your datacard

now as long as i am in epc, what do you need to know?

Attachments

·
98,439 Posts
per this pic, it looks like on your driver's side but it is your vin except for the steering wheel. let's see if Jayson comes up with anything else

Attachments

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi Jason,
Good to hear from you and thanks for offer of help, vin number is below
WDB1704492F205753
Regards
Dave:Beer:
The EPC shows a regular left-hand drive vehicle as US model, and shows that seat relay is under the dash under the steering wheel.
I'd assume that UK version is simply mirrored and it should be under the steering wheel too. Because the passenger side has an air bag and there's a heater fan there. After I disassembled mine glove box I can tell there's no place for any fuses or relays.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
That's the picture I was looking at Jeff =)
Hence my assumption is that UK cars are simply mirrored.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Jeff & Jason, very much appreciated, will work on principle its mirrored. Will let you know how I get on in due course.
Regards
Dave

·
98,439 Posts
part numbers for pic

Attachments

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know the seat problem is no more! They are working a treat after re-soldering visible joints. Thanks again, New boot struts tomorrow and then 'Smart Top' next on the list.
Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.