Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get a seat belt strap for the driver side? Please see photo of the strap on my passenger seat.

I went to the dealership and they told me I needed to purchase a complete seat cover for over $1,000 or I that I could get one custom made.

Attachments

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
there are no part numbers for those?

Any restoration shop would be able to provide one no?
Any place that makes leather seat covers for that model could come up with one?
A cobbler? that's nothing more than a thick leather strap with a stud/snap no?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Part number

Yes you are right. The dealer told me there is no individual part number for that part.

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
I have seen people in the fashion industry work with thick leather and studs like that.. surely that piece could be fashioned with a little ingenuity. I'm not talking about making it yourself.

I have a seat cover restoration guy by my house, and im pretty positive if you found someone like that near you and drove the car there to show them, they could provide some kind of solution.

·
Fanatical Member
3,419 Posts
You are in a great area to find a craftsman that does this kind of work. Anyone that tools leather to make saddles or chaps (horse stuff) could easily do this for you.

Here are a couple of links that could probably help you. Give them a call. On the belt place, just tell them that you want snaps instead of buckles. If you have the original, send them one as a template. Otherwise, I would be more than happy to take one off of my car, trace it on paper and email you the template.

CLICKY HERE FOR LOCAL TEXAS SADDLE MAKER

CLICKY HERE FOR CUSTOM BELT MFG.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Anyone have partnumbers for the red belts in some of the special editions?

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Anyone have partnumbers for the red belts in some of the special editions?
Mark,

Contact Sway. He was also talking about the red belts at our meet a few weeks ago and he said he contacted 3 dealerships and all of them said he couldn't get just the belt and that they would not sell just the red belts.

He has a carbon fiber theme throughout the cab.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts