Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've found many helpful threads on repairing the seat bottom heating elements, thank you. My seat back is showing an open circuit when I test the wires going to it. Bottom shows good. The whole thing now shuts off after 5 seconds. I tried taking the seat back off, but got scared of breaking it as it was not cooperating. Has anyone tried jumping the wires going to the seat back (or bottom) to make it think the connection was good? I'm ok with just the bottom heating. Or has anyone replace the backs element?

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you jumper the seat back heater wiring you will short circuit it and likely melt this and other wiring due to the excessive current flow. If you work out what resistance it should be (from your other seat) and substitute a dummy load of the same resistance then the heater may work but then the dummy load will heat up (dangerously) as if it was a heated back.

I think you need to replace the back heater element, or learn to live without a seated heat. No practical short cuts to this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully someone will post their experience with changing out the seat back element. Don't want to guess on anything there. Luckily I'm in Florida and we don't need it often!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.