Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter might be buying a used Mercedes which set me thinking about what SDS checks are possible or advisable before purchase. Running the so called Quick Test for current and stored faults/events is the obvious starting place but what else? Is it possible to see if the odometer has been "clocked" for example or even things like how often service items (oil changes) have been addressed?

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
You can check the MOT history on the DVLA website. If you are purchasing from an MB Dealer ask for the Digital Service Records which will tell you when, what type of services and the extent of the service.

·
Premium Member
4,280 Posts
First, scan the car and delete all the errors if any then drive the car and scan it again to see if any return.
For m272 engine, you have the balance shaft problem

for m271 engine, you have the intake/exhaust sprocket problem

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions. It was actually looking at the MOT history on one vehicle that raised a concern. From its first MOT onwards the annual mileage was very (very!) low yet looking at the photos the wear on the pedals would suggest the mileage could be much higher than the 17,000 displayed on a 7 year old car. I perhaps incorrectly understood that mileage info was held in more than one control module so wondered if the instrument cluster odometer reading could confirmed in some way. Of course the mileage could have been genuine and I was just being extremely over cautious.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts