Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I just found out that I have a scuffed mark around my rear bumper which I can't remove it by wash or wax.
Would you guys help me with this ? I have no idea what is the cause of this mark and wonder who would do this to my beauty.

Thanks in advance.
Photo attached to show the mark

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,759 Posts
This stuff should work in seconds. i use it by my doors sills on my shoe scuff marks entering car

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,759 Posts
or try this

·
Registered
62 Posts
It doesn't look too bad. You need to use a polish, not wax. It looks scuffed/scratched so chances are the magic eraser won't work. Get yourself a small bottle of polish, one without fillers that will only mask the scratch meaning that it will reappear as soon as you wash the car again. Meguiars are usually a good brand to plumb for if you are new to polish

·
Registered
85 Posts
Had some scuff/scratch marks on my rear bumper too. Used random orbit polisher and fine polish - now gone. Slightly deeper scratches barely noticeable and not seen from even 6 inch distance. If no machine polisher, fine car polish using muscle power should also do the trick. good luck

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
You might want to try Meguiares Ultimate Compound. :smile:
It works quite well removing slight scuffs. :grin:
If you can get your nail in the scratch it may be too deep to polish out. :frown:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for reply guys.
The surface still smooth except this mark is very identical and it's look more like a dirty mark by oilly hand except I can't feel any sticky or dirty on the surface.
I will let you guys know once I try to remove it this weekend.
I've got meguiar's deep crystal polish and scratch X2.0. Hopefully, one of these two can solve this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts