Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the local grocery store, saw a black SLK55 not too far from me. As I came out from the store and approached my car, a silver SLK230 pulled up to the spot next to me. I waited for the owner to get out if the car and started talking to her about her car. Told her about the forum.

Cindy, if you ever get to this forum, hello again and welcome!

-K

·
Registered
6 Posts
Scotts Valley SLK

Yes, I found the forum and just submitted my new member greeting. Now looking for info on the monthly rides you told me about. If you have any details, please send them my way.
Thanks!
Cindy

·
Premium Member
17,939 Posts
Under the clubs section of the forum you can find sub-groups for areas around the world. There you can find the California Groups and what they may have planed. I know that they are planning a meet/run up to Lake Tahoe in May. Hope to see you there if you are interested in attending.

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
14,065 Posts
I waited for the owner to get out if the car and started talking to her about her car. Told her about the forum.
You did not have any business cards???

PM me with your address and I'll send them right out!

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
Welcome from The Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts. Yes we have an event coming up in May 2014 Lake Tahoe 29+ SLK's from Washington to SoCal. Please see link below and join us!

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I found the forum and just submitted my new member greeting. Now looking for info on the monthly rides you told me about. If you have any details, please send them my way.
Thanks!
Cindy
Yay! Glad you made it here!

Like Don said, just follow the links to the regional clubs section and you will find us there.

-k

·
Fanatical Member
3,419 Posts
Last night (around (9:00pm working late) I pulled into a Safeway in Menlo Park. As I park my new daily driver far away from the entrance, I notice a beautiful new SLK 350 R172 adjacent to me. Now, it is fairly dark outside at that time of night.

So I pull out a post card and scurry over to the SLK quickly as he is preparing to leave. With windows rolled up the guy is looking at me as I motion him to please roll the window down, like I am some sort of hijacker or something (and frankly I don't blame him for playing it on the safe side). Finally he rolls the window down and I say "Hi, I belong to an Slk Club and Forum and I just wanted to give you an personal invitation to join, and by the way, you have a beautiful car". The guy too the post card from me and said "Thanks" (not nasty but not nice either) and sped away.

I guess not everyone appreciates their SLK's the way we do on this forum. In fact, I would guess that when it comes to our cars, WE are the exception and most people are like this buy I approached. Anyway, it was kind of fun acting like the neighborhood "SLK Pimp". :biglaugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts