Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
15,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A small group of members enjoyed a few days touring the north of Scotland over a long weekend in September. We had a mixed bag of weather, managing to get the top down everyday at some point always brought a smile though, and I covered over 1100 miles from starting out from Glasgow.

Starting on the Friday we met up at Balloch for lunch before heading off north to our hotels in Ullapool. As usual I had my GoPro running and I have finally been able to find the time to edit some of the footage.

Part 1 is a series of short clips of the run to Tyndrum, and Part 2 clips from there through Glen Coe with it's great scenery. Part 3 is a series of short clips of the run from Glencoe to Beauly, and Part 4 covers the run east to west across the Highlands (this is a bit longer and I'd suggest sitting in a comfy chair and pouring a coffee before viewing). As always I recommend watching these videos on a large screen to do justice to the amazing scenery. :smile:

I hope you'll enjoy these videos and I'd appreciate any feedback you may have, positive or negative, as I'll take it on board for putting my next videos together.

·
15,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Part 4 is still being uploaded. I'll post a link tonight.

·
Premium Member (Previously 2012 SLK250)
1,060 Posts
A small group of members enjoyed a few days touring the north of Scotland over a long weekend in September. We had a mixed bag of weather, managing to get the top down everyday at some point always brought a smile though, and I covered over 1100 miles from starting out from Glasgow.

Starting on the Friday we met up at Balloch for lunch before heading off north to our hotels in Ullapool. As usual I had my GoPro running and I have finally been able to find the time to edit some of the footage.

Part 1 is a series of short clips of the run to Tyndrum, and Part 2 clips from there through Glen Coe with it's great scenery. Part 3 is a series of short clips of the run from Glencoe to Beauly, and Part 4 covers the run east to west across the Highlands (this is a bit longer and I'd suggest sitting in a comfy chair and pouring a coffee before viewing). As always I recommend watching these videos on a large screen to do justice to the amazing scenery. :smile:

I hope you'll enjoy these videos and I'd appreciate any feedback you may have, positive or negative, as I'll take it on board for putting my next videos together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jM51J9CBMg&list=PLM0M0clHbeJRQHwiuCGCC05lyFrjGMuZE&index=75&t=46s

Great videos. I like the way you put it all together. Wonderful roads and nature. Amazing how the "little red devil" always retrieves the convoy >:D

Found out that i had to change setting on YouTube because it was a bit blury. Put it in HD and got crystal clear and nice pictures. Wondering if the movie has been mirror turned? Seems like everyone drive on the left side? Bad joke. I know :wink:

Seems to have been a great trip. :smile:

·
15,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally got Part 4 uploaded. I left this run as was, as no one from "down south" would have believed how empty the road was especially considering it's the main road across the Highlands. >:D Taking the lead on this section, I only managed to pass 10 vehicles over the whole route. :surprise:

I'm afraid that the light could have been better but it was overcast and rainy for most of the run. :crying:

·
1,060 Posts
Looks like a warning sign for a series of bends.

UK now has solar powered signs in some remote areas.

It was good that you were clear about this. I thought the sign was a warning sign that Loch Lomond also has its own "Nessie" :surprise:

·
15,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is Part 2 of our Saturday run. Heading northwards from Lairg up to Tongue on the North coast where we planned to meet up with another member. :smile:

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,731 Posts
Brave? Or less foresighted (@ 4:20).
North Wales has taught me much >:D

Cheers fella.

When I got back I didn't think that we'd had much rain.
But we did have a soaking that day.
Still found some sun though.

·
15,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Having met up with Kev and his mate Bhav at the Ben Loyal Hotel, we set off back to Altnaharra via Loch Hope. This involved driving on another single track that Col thought looked interesting. The emphasis here is on the word "track" as you'll see. :grin:

Part 3 from Saturday …..

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
14,213 Posts
I frequently call some of our country roads "cow paths" but you have the real thing ?

·
1,060 Posts
Having met up with Kev and his mate Bhav at the Ben Loyal Hotel, we set off back to Altnaharra via Loch Hope. This involved driving on another single track that Col thought looked interesting. The emphasis here is on the word "track" as you'll see. :grin:

Part 3 from Saturday …..
The films are very well edited and put together Davie. One almost feels one is along for the ride. In the last movie I wondered if you guys were on an off road tour. The roads you drove on in the end are more suitable for our GLK than our SLK :wink:

At first, I couldn't understand why you were driving so fast on that trail. Then the pieces fell into place. You needed high speed to hydroplane over all the water-filled dikes that were repeatedly in the middle of the roadway >:D

You've really had a nice road trip in varied beautiful scenery :smile:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 64 Posts