Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy my first MB, it's a 2003 SLK32 AMG, owner said he replaced the SC pully with a 69 MM one. Would this mod require a tune to the ECU because of the extra air being pumped into the motor? I did a search but didn't really find an answer.

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
I replaced my OEM pulley years ago with an ASP pulley. Your ECU will make any adjustments needed if there is a +/- 10% change, the only thing I did was install a larger intercooler to conpensate for the increased air temps. 10 years and still running strong.

·
Registered 2002 SLK32 AMG
233 Posts
A tune, while not absolutely required, is still a really good idea when it comes to S/C or crank pulley upgrades. Not only does it get your AFR to a safe place, but you'll actually gain a good amount of power across the entire spectrum. Eurocharged is a good place to get a tune from, and I'd also recommend their TCU tune at the same time. Tuning the engine ECU alone will affect how the transmission shifts, so the TCU tune irons all of this out.

I will say this- you can drive it for a bit without the tunes as long as you don't floor it every chance you get. I'd almost recommend waiting a bit and getting used to how it drives, so that way when you do get the tunes sorted you'll be able to feel what a big difference they make.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.