Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently bought a 05 slk350 designo, Whan I press the SAT button it says NO SAT RADIO = something like that :(

I got a datacard from UK-C200 ( P.S. Thanks again that was quick and awesome ) and it say I have :

531 SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO FOR USA PREINSTALLATION

and
528 COMAND DVD PLUS (WITHOUT NAVIGATION)​

anyone have any idea whats the deal, do I have Sat Radio and just need to get it turned on somehow? Not sure what preinstallation means?

have many more question, But new to site and will learn how this works as I go.

Thanks in adavnce, and look forward to useing and contribting to this forum.

Gaithersburg, MD near D.C.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, OK, so should be as simple as precuring the hardware and plugging it in?

Thanks again.

Think Ill look around on Ebay and Craigslist and try to get an idea of whats available.

Thanks again. . .

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm not sure what preinstallation means, but I know that you have to go online to the Sirius website to purchase a subscription. You will be asked your radio number when setting up online.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
So it's almost that simple - you need mounting hardware as well, and that rarely shows up on eBay - I've been lucky once with both.

You also will need your dealer to code the new bits into your car with DAS, but in general it should be less than an hour's work...

SDARS module you want is the GEN2 version, and it's not platform specific - you can use on from any MB.

NAVI is about the same, but needs to be from (off the top of my head) an E or SLK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.