Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,493 Posts
I thought this might help you organize a drive. I like your enthusiasms too!

These are my personal notes for my Sacramento SLK group.

GUIDELINES FOR MEET/DRIVES

Meet – The meeting is approximately one hour, starting
at The location should be
1) easy to find
2) have an area of open parking able to accommodate up to 20+ cars
3) be near some restroom (public or business)
4) preferably be near coffee and/or food

Drive – We like to have a group drive and prefer it to be some enjoyable route that we can safely negotiate with the group of cars; no time or mileage limits, but think about what would be attractive to a group.

Attractions/Events – In the past we have stopped to tour historical sites, museums, wildlife areas, planetariums, and other places of interest, but inclusion of these is not necessary.

Optional Lunch – Picking a place for the optional lunch should be done with the following criteria:
1) enough place to safely park
2) a reasonably priced menu
3) a menu that is broad enough to appeal to a group
4) the ability for a reservation to seat the group together

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,919 Posts
Hey Neil. What kind of meet did you have in mind? A look-at-these-cars meet, a meet-and-eat, or a twisty-driving meet, or some combination thereof :D.

We just did a meet a few weeks back which attracted 12 cars, going up Palomar Mountain with lunch and beers afterwards. I guess this was the twisty-driving kind of meet.

I'm always up for any kind of SLK get-together so if you have a plan, let us know!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well we can start of at "look at these cars meet". And take from there, see how many people we can gather up for a "meet and drive"

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,919 Posts
Well we can start of at "look at these cars meet". And take from there, see how many people we can gather up for a "meet and drive"
I'm up for that for sure. We usually have the drive-style meet-ups in a place where people from LA can join as well, but for a meet'n'eat perhaps it would be cool to have one just for San Diego (it might be a small group, or just the two of us :D but worth a shot). If you want to propose something I can blast it out to the known SoCal membership (an informal list I maintain just from scanning New Member posts etc).

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,003 Posts
I would be interested.
Rodger,

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

First please update your location and vehicle (year?: 1996-2016, model?: 32, 200, 230, 250, 280, 300,320,350,55) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information if you haven’t. This takes about 30 seconds to do.
Follow exactly to update: ‘Usercp’ at the top of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’. Info in your garage does not update your profile.

Your 1st thread should be your introduction so we can welcome you properly so post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already. New Members Introduce Yourself Here - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

1 - 8 of 8 Posts