Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Jersey Plates.......Hope owners are ok.

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
That is so sad... I cannot believe how long it is taking state and federal agencies to step in and get things back on track. Last I heard over 100k people are STILL without power.

I pictured a convoy of mobile homes heading towards the Jersey/NY shore to give these people somewhere hospitable to live until their lives can be rebuilt.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is where I 'snapped' it from Woolly

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
That is so sad... I cannot believe how long it is taking state and federal agencies to step in and get things back on track. Last I heard over 100k people are STILL without power.

I pictured a convoy of mobile homes heading towards the Jersey/NY shore to give these people somewhere hospitable to live until their lives can be rebuilt.
State and federal agencies are all talk and now show in disaster situations. Those who lost everything in Sandy should look to their neighbors and friends for help....or plan on waiting a year for some half measure of govenment assistance.

A few years ago Wabash river levees failed and flooded most of southern Illinois. The Army Corp of Engineers refused to help our local citizens and said their resources were needed more elsewhere. They also refused to fully repair the damaged levees resulting in another catastrophic flood 2 years ago. Local farmers recently fixed the levees at their own expense out of shear frustration....the government is still in the planning stage!

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,371 Posts
I hate People that win the big Powerball. It would be so easy to help out abit. But Mankind is just bloody selfish......

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
I am sure the owner of that car is just sick about his or her car. My previous SLK was totaled by another driver this past August, so the feeling of losing an SLK is still very much with me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.