Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some may be wondering why I haven't posted for a while...others probably don't care ? A few months ago I decided that it was time to trade in the R172 AMG for a DB9 Coupe. It was an opportunity to grab a low mileage example of the dying breed that is a V12 and a car that never seems to age even though they stopped production in 2013. My car was traded to Autoform Performance in Vancouver, so for those of you on the west coast the car is still for sale but they will ship the car for you if you live outside of Vancouver area or province. I believe its currently priced at $39,995. Unfortunately they asked me to restore the car back to its original condition, they said they would remove the partial wrap I had, but it doesn't look like they have and the Ad looks odd with the original wheels. If you are interested I have copies of all records; this car was babied as those Ontario owners that know me can attest too. Speak to Ross Loukas if you're interested. I still have the after market Savani 19" wheels with excellent Michelin Pilot Sports rubber to match. PM me if you would like more info as I will drop by now and then.

I enjoyed my time with two SLK's the 350 R171 with the AMG package, this was the car I had when I joined the forum and the 172 AMG which I enjoyed over the last 4+ years. Of course I enjoyed being a member of this forum and have made numerous friends over the years. It's a shame we could not organize more events, especially in Ontario given the growing community we have in the province. We had some fun and I hope I have at least made a contribution to this community. As an ex pat living in Canada reading the posts from 'back home' at times made me a little homesick..:cry: (for those in the UK that dropped by this section)

I hope that in the near future I will again be sat in the seat of an SLK, unfortunately right now there is no room on my driveway for another car....but retirement is not far away so I can ditch the company car to make room.

Anyway I just want to say a big thanks to everyone, especially the Mods, even Jeff :) who have been welcoming and terrifically patient running this forum.

Spring is around the corner...so remember 'sun up - top down' ?

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
3,470 Posts
Your contributions will be missed. Enjoy the growl of your dinosaur burner.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,495 Posts
Sorry to see you go. I have enjoyed reading your posts. I hope everything works out well for you in the future. Enjoy that Aston Martin and your retirement when it comes. :)

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
27,190 Posts
It has been a pleasure to see meets/events going on overseas.

I certainly enjoyed knowing that other SLKers were enjoying catching up.
We keep telling folks that meets are fun, can be what and where you want.
Many just don't have the faith.

Good to hear you are still going to be lurking (y)

Enjoy the DB ;)
And thanks for your contributions.

(ps Good luck with all new, electric SLK when it arrives :ROFLMAO: )

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,281 Posts
Good Luck!!

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,131 Posts
Well, that is unfortunate (for us) Chris. I know we didn't get together much but the times we did were enjoyable.

Hope to see you again this summer (y)

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
1,350 Posts
Recall a visit to Canada in the Spring of 2018 where Chis (CHELZEE) and I brought our SLKs to the mini-meet and lunch (with Ken, Len and 2 spouses)... Pictures to remember and immortalize that day... Sad to see Chris go, but happy he is in a car of his dreams.... Congrats on the DB and best wishes...Who knows, we may yet see you back someday :)

2018_Canada_trip_3.jpg
2018_Canada_trip_4.jpg

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,496 Posts
Sorry to see you are leaving us.

Safe travels in your new car!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts