Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
And Keith Emerson earlier in the year. Great musicians and a wonderful legacy of music.

Via Taptalk

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I was a great fan of ELP and saw them many times in the early 70's including the Pictures at an Exhibition and Tarkus tours. Emerson was my keyboard hero. Sad to see two members go to the great gig in the sky this year. Just one left! Eerily, I actually played Pictures at an Exhibition yesterday evening for the first time in quite a few years :surprise: so was quite shocked this morning.

Only 69 - I'm 65 next month - a bit worrying actually but I suppose I have not partaken in the usual rock star excesses in my ordinary life 0:)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Don't want to sound like a groupie but Keith Emerson actually shook my hand once at a London concert. .didn't wash for a week! But seriously, we are lucky that so much of the ELP catalogue is now available in wonderful remastered formats!

Via Taptalk

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was a great fan of ELP and saw them many times in the early 70's including the Pictures at an Exhibition and Tarkus tours. Emerson was my keyboard hero. Sad to see two members go to the great gig in the sky this year. Just one left! Eerily, I actually played Pictures at an Exhibition yesterday evening for the first time in quite a few years :surprise: so was quite shocked this morning.

Only 69 - I'm 65 next month - a bit worrying actually but I suppose I have not partaken in the usual rock star excesses in my ordinary life 0:)
I've been playing a lot of King Crimson these past few weeks.... Particularly "In the Court of the Crimson King". Awesome music - now almost 50 years old!!!

Such a shame - but then, we're all faced with this at the end. Until then we should all make the most of what we have got. So get in your SLKs with your significant other and drive!

Sent from my Xperia when my back was turned

1 - 7 of 7 Posts