Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered sold my SLK
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took the cover off the SLK today to take advantage of the 75+ temps to find that the trunk would not close after the roof fully retracts into the trunk. Motor is strong, no discernible leaks and the hydraulic fluid resivour is full. So I'm thinking S69/11. Anything else I should check? I was hoping to find a DIY but nothing came up, so any tips would be appreciated.

2003 SLK230.

·
Registered sold my SLK
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? How hard in general are these microswitches to replace? Are they plug-in or soldered in? Is there a place where I could try spraying some contact cleaner? Just trying to figure out what's in store before I start dissembling things.

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG /2005 SLK350
6,197 Posts
Getting the rollbar cover and RHS hinge cover off takes a few mins; the switch can be easily replaced afterwards. It has plastic clips that secure it, use a putty knife or similar to remove it.. And yes, has a plug.

Did you check the switch at the MFCU?

·
Registered sold my SLK
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you check the switch at the MFCU?
Thanks for the reply! No I didn't, can you please elaborate on that? I'm going on empirical evidence, (top retracts nicely into trunk, motor is strong, no leaks and closes back up from this position with no issues) that it's the switch not signalling that the top is fully retracted so the sequence can continue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.