Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, who the hell knows what was going on with this car. At the hand car wash here in South Beach, this sedan said:

S500 4MATIC

then it had AMG license plate frame, AMG on the brakes (stickers?). The wheels were 5-spoke stock looking, can't remember if they said AMG or not.

...No that's not a blue Porsche Cayanne, it's a trick of light on the camera. Mine is the only Non-black or silver car there almost everytime I go.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
probably a s430? That's what you get for putting questionable markings...puts everything else in doubt.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
hmmm continental GT.

Bill, thats a range in the back. Escalade has a different back end body structure.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're right, that is a Range Rover. There was an Escalade in black to the right in the one bay past the Bentley, but you can't see it in the picture. Another car you can't see, I was sitting in front of, was a freshly waxed black Lambo Gallardo Spyder.

The other day, a lady pulled up in a beat up, dented early 90's V6 Mustang convertible. I thought they were gonna drag her out into the street and shoot her!

They used to have Porsche owners throw fits because they would spend more then three times the amount of time washing my Fiero GT then they would their new 911. However, unlike most people there who give 5 dollar tips, I give the guys twenties every time. Its less noticable now that they're washing my Benz, but a Fiero getting better treatment really pushes a Carrera owner's buttons.

How can someone come up with an Escalade, Rover or a Cayanne and give guys working in 95 degree plus heat barely a five dollar, or many times, no tip at all? I mean to clean that much space? I'm sure there are dirty Excursions lined up and waiting for them in hell!

PS: Continental GT's are very plentiful here. In fact, one of my clients just sold his Continental GTC as he got bored with it.

Besides, call me old school, but someone under the age of 80 driving a Bentley, just looks so strange to me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts