Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,195 Posts

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,507 Posts
I'm not very impressed with the quality of the fixings supplied with the Windrestrictor. I wouldn't expect an accessory priced at the level it is to suffer from rusting.

Have you contacted them?

They respond quickly, but bear in mind trans Atlantic times.

·
Vendor
3,780 Posts
I'm not very impressed with the quality of the fixings supplied with the Windrestrictor. I wouldn't expect an accessory priced at the level it is to suffer from rusting.

Hello @OBx2, sorry you are having rusting with your bolts.

I would be glad to send you some new ones.

Please contact me with your order information as well as shipping address and I will get some in the mail to you.

Thank you,

Ashli Corbin
[email protected]
972-487-5987 x 5

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm hardly going to replace them with the same quality bolts and have the same problem. I'll source some non-ferrous fixings to swap them with.

·
Premium Member 2015 SLK55 AMG
80 Posts
A colleague of mine at work bought one recently for his Wife's SLK, on my recommendation, and he has the same issue with rusty bolts.

I bought mine in 2015 for my 250cdi and since transferred to the new SLK. No rust at all on mine oddly.

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
4,950 Posts
You don't. the holes are already there.
I wondered that :grin:

Most good tool shops / boat yards will stock stainless steel bolts with allen key heads in numerous sizes .
One down the road from me stocks loads .

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,195 Posts
FYI

1 post removed:

Per forum rules:

No political threads/posts! These threads tend to get out of hand really fast. There are plenty of other places on the internet to discuss politics.

Thanks

Management :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts