Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Looking for some advice here. Have had a look around the forums but can't find too much on the topic. My late 170 has rust on the arches, corner of the roof, boot opening handle area, edges of the bonnet and some stone chips here and there. Nothing is too bad, just bubbling of the paint so far

What options are available in terms of getting these sorted and are there any problems if I don't fix it (aside from the awful look of it)? My wheels also need a refurb, but that's pretty simple and not too expensive i believe.

I'm looking at getting a wrap but not sure.

Thoughts on the available options would be appreciated!:grin:

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,040 Posts
Hi all

Looking for some advice here. Have had a look around the forums but can't find too much on the topic. My late 170 has rust on the arches, corner of the roof, boot opening handle area, edges of the bonnet and some stone chips here and there. Nothing is too bad, just bubbling of the paint so far

What options are available in terms of getting these sorted and are there any problems if I don't fix it (aside from the awful look of it)? My wheels also need a refurb, but that's pretty simple and not too expensive i believe.

I'm looking at getting a wrap but not sure.

Thoughts on the available options would be appreciated!:grin:
Paying for a wrap now or later is pointless until you get all the rust issues sorted and a long term solution .
Rust will always return unless professionaly treated or removed / cut out .

And a quality respray after why would you wrap it after ?
Just put your money in your wrap in to the quality respray .

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same problem in mine and its like some members are saying, you're better off saving money for a rust repair and quality respray than going wrap and the problem is still going to be there.

Also most places, at least around here, don't apply wrap if your paint isnt in decent conditions

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2000 SLK320
210 Posts
It there's just some rust bubbles on the outside, you can be sure it's worse on the inside. Take out your headlights and arch liners, I'll guarantee it's worse behind particularly the front flange area where the wing bolts on. You need to totally eradicate the rust before even thinking of a wrap or respray otherwise it will be back in a few months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.